The goals of the PTO are to help you, as parents, feel connected to the school, to communicate what’s going on and to help foster school spirit. We also support the school through our commitment to fundraising. Through our fundraising we are able to give directly back to the students and teachers at Bell in the way of curriculum supporting programs, materials, grants and fun events and activities. In addition to programs and events, the PTO has also donated over $37,500 in technology over the last several years. This includes 4 Smart Boards and 25 iPads for classroom use.
We can only represent you, our families, if we have your input. Therefore, we encourage your feedback, questions and your involvement!
What Events Does the PTO Support?
- Cultural Enrichment: This enrichment area is one of the PTO’s biggest yearly expenditures with an annual budget of $14,000. The volunteers on this committee research books and programs that enrich the school’s curriculum in arts, history, science and nature. Throughout the year, they schedule presentations for the students that in the past have included the New England Aquarium, author visits, the Discovery Museum and many more exciting guests.
- Popsicles with the Kindergarten Class: At the end of the summer prior to the first day of school, all kindergarten families are invited to the Lower Bell playground for Popsicles. This gives the incoming children a chance to meet new friends and their parents are able to socialize as well.
- Bingo Night: In February, come and enjoy a fun family night of Bingo, win prizes and eat pizza.
- Science Fair: This popular night in the Spring allows students to submit independent science projects and report on their findings to teacher judges. The projects are on display for parents and kids to view.
- First Grade Fun Day at the YMCA Gymnastic Room: The 1st Graders and their families are invited to the YMCA Gymnastics Room for a fun afternoon.
- Second Grade Roller Skating Party: Roller skating for all the 2nd graders and their families at Roller Palace in Beverly.
- Ice Cream Social: In June, the PTO hosts an Ice Cream Social at Goldthwait Reservation in Marblehead.
- Fine Arts Night: A fun night in June of music and a showcasing of the students art projects created throughout the year.
- Teacher Luncheon: This is a great way to to say “thank you” to our teachers after a year of hard work.
- Field Day: A fun day of games and activities for all grades to participate in during school hours in June.
- Third Grade Farewell Celebration: In June, the PTO hosts a farewell celebration for the 3rd graders in the Bell School Gym.
- Opening Day: On the Red Sox Opening Day, Bell School hosts their own Opening Day. The classes play baseball games against each other and enjoy a snack.
- Raz Kids: This is an on-line reading program that Kindergarten, First and Second graders are able to utilize at school and at home.
Interested in helping support all these great programs for your student(s) and their teacher(s)? Check here for all the easy ways to support Bell PTO: https://www.bellpto.org/geese/support-bell-school