Would you be willing to adopt the school’s organic garden for a week during the summer months to help water, weed, harvest and care for them? It is a nice way to keep your children involved with the entire growing season and no gardening experience necessary!
Organic Garden Summer Care –
We ask that Bell families adopt a week during the summer months to help water, weed, harvest and care for the gardens. It is a nice way to keep your children involved with the entire growing season.
What will the funds raised from the Fun Run be put towards? There are three areas of focus.
Technology: iPads have become a welcome tool within the curriculum at Bell School. In order to support the growing demands, the school is in need of additional iPads. Part of the funds will go towards this purchase.
Playground: Last winter the PTO sent out a survey to parents asking what level of focus we should take on the Upper Bell Playground. The majority response was that we should do some minor upgrades while we wait to understand the direction the Gerry Feasibility Study was headed in. Based on this feedback, we have identified some items that will enhance the playground’s current state. These items include a stage, tetherball pole, plinko game and a standing musical chime. These are just very preliminary ideas, but options that would add a little fun for the children of Bell School.
Field Day, 3rd Grade Celebration: Additional funds will be used towards the fun, year end activities the PTO plans for your student. This includes the very popular Field Day and the 3rd Grade Celebration.
We have received several entries into our ‘Most Creative Fundraising’ category for the Fun Run. Here are some examples of some very creative fundraising by Bell Students this year!
Mrs. Berg’s Kindergarten class had some adorable (and royal!) entrepreneurs!
Claire Henry shared with us what her son Ben has been doing to raise money from far away family and friends!
“Hello Bell School PTO!
Just wanted to share what Ben Henry is doing to help raise money for the fun run next week.
He’s made a little video message appeal which we’ve posted to his mom’s Facebook page. Check out https://www.facebook.com/
He’s been busy ‘training’ and we’ve been taking pictures to share with family and friends to encourage them to sponsor him! Here’s one attached!
We’ve set up a special fundraising page to hopefully attract lots of support from his home country of England. Below is the email we sent including the link.
Good luck everyone with the fundraising. Let’s hope we make that target!
For more information on the prize categories, please visit here.
Thank you again for registering your child for the Bell School Fun Run! We are excited for this event and hope you and your child are, too. To make the afternoon easier, below are some tips to help you and your child during the event.
- Date & Location: This Thursday, May 18th at the Lower Bell blacktop area. (This is the area that most classrooms have pick-up.)
- Check-in starts at 2:30.
- Check-in closes at 2:50, so be sure to check in shortly after pick-up.
- The Fun Run will start by 3:00.
- Check-In: Check-in tables will be located near the basketball hoop on the Lower Bell blacktop. Check-in will be done by last name. Check signage for the proper line. Each child will receive a race number to wear. Please be patient! We will do our best to check all 190 runners in as quickly as possible.
- Donations: Donation envelopes will be collected at the check-in tables. Online donations can be done at bellpto.org/sponsor. We would love all donations to be in by May 31st.
- Pre-Fun Run Snack: The Organic Garden has graciously donated organic fruit for the children to eat before the Fun Run! Their table will be located next to check-in. Feel free to bring a snack from home, if you would like.
- Backpacks: Please hold or store backpacks in your car during the event. We won’t have space to store them and want to avoid losing such a needed item!
- Race Start:
- After check-in, children will be directed to go to the middle of the track to wait for instruction.
- Once they receive instruction, they will be directed to a specific corner of the blacktop where they will be grouped by grade.
- They will start and finish the run at this corner. Balloons with the grade number printed on them will identify the corners.
- Each race number has a sticker with a matching color to the balloons.
- During the Event: Feel free to stand outside of the course and cheer!
- Water Stations: We will have two water stations at the event for the Fun Runners so that they won’t need to bring water with them. Please keep your Fun Run Water Bottle at home as a keepsake!
- After the Event: After 30 minutes, an announcer will tell the children that the Fun Run is about to end. After passing over the finish line and receiving a small prize, the runners will be directed back to their starting corner. They will be given a juice bar and will wait for you to come and check them out.
- Organic Garden Seed Planting: To help celebrate National Outdoor Classroom Day, the Organic Garden will have a seed planting activity for siblings located by the Lower Bell playground. Please be sure to visit!
- Bathrooms: Bathrooms are located within Lower Bell.
- Clothes/Shoes: Be sure your child is wearing comfortable clothing and sneakers the day of the Fun Run. Wearing the Fun Run t-shirt is a great idea!
- Sunscreen: Bring sunscreen if your child might need it.
- After School Activities: If your child participates in an after school activity (i.e., Coach Karl, etc.), please be sure to let your teacher know of the change in plan for pick-up. This way we avoid confusion.
Most of all, have fun! If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.