This month’s tasting was focused on butternut squash! Students were able to taste Butternut Cranberry Bread. It was a big hit, so in case you want to try it at home, the recipe is below. Please note, the original recipe we received is for 50 servings. We attempted to convert it for 10 servings, however we haven’t had time to test it to make sure the conversion is 100% correct!
Original Recipe Link Here
Butternut Cranberry Bread – Converted Recipe for 10 Servings:
- 1 Cup Butternut Squash Puree
- 3/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 3/4 C Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/8 tsp Ground Cloves or Allspice
- 2/3 Cups Fresh Cranberries
- Beat together squash, sugar, water, eggs and oil in a large mixing bowl or mixer until combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and spices.
- Add the dry mixture to the squash mixture, mixing at a slow speed and scraping down the bowl if necessary, JUST until thoroughly combined.
- Mix in cranberries very briefly or by hand, just to combine.
- Pour batter into grease loaf pan.
- Bake until tester comes out clean. Convection oven: 325°F about 15-20 minutes. Conventional oven: 350°F about 25-30 minutes.