UPCOMING DATES & EVENTS
- January 21st NO SCHOOL (Martin Luther King Jr. Day)
- January 29th & 30th– Winter Concert (Grades 2&3)
- February 1st 8:30 AM- Bell & Coffin/Gerry PTO Meeting at Lower Bell
Topic: New School Information
- February 18th-22nd– February Vacation
The cultural enrichment programs at Bell School are fully funded by the PTO – and only made possible due to the funding we generate by volunteering at the Magic Hat. This includes the many visits, workshops and presentations the kids enjoy throughout the year plus the lessons the children get involved with in the school’s Organic Garden.
- On Thursday, January 10th grades K-3 has a special performance by the New England Percussion Ensemble. Their “Language of the Ancients” program is a journey through time, a journey which conjures an image of early mankind using stones, sticks, rattles and skin-covered hollow logs to accompany singing and body movement. A leap in time occurs when “found” instruments of today are used – plastic tubes of different lengths, trash bags snapped in the air, newspapers torn in time to foot stomping accompaniment. This truly ancient language is explored with imagination, inventiveness and creativity – new sights, new sounds –loud and spirit shaking, some soft and haunting.
HARVEST OF THE MONTH: Pears On Wednesday, January 16th, Bell students tried pear sauce. If you’d like to get involved and help prepare and serve the tasting (which typically takes about an hour, 8:30-9:30), please contact Sarah Fox.
ORGANIC GARDEN: See what Bell students were up to in the Organic Garden this Fall!
Linked Article: FALL UPDATE
MORE IMPORTANT INFO
Tower Area Drop-Off & Pick-Up: For all those parents who drop-off and pick-up by Tower, please be extremely alert this time of year! We have noticed people parking on crosswalks, backing into the lower pick-up area as parents and children are waiting and dropping children off with a brief pause of the car at the intersections. We are all busy this time of year, and the cold doesn’t help, but just one rushed decision could pose a safety issue for our children. Please just take a deep breath, bundle up for a brisk walk/wait and be extra alert. Also, please share these reminders with grandparents, nannies and anyone else pickup or dropping off your children. Let’s all work together to keep our kids safe!
Lost and Found: The Lost and Found is growing! If you are missing coats, mittens, hat, shirts, etc, be sure to visit the lost and found which is located at both Upper and Lower Bell lobbies.