The PTO is excited to host our 3rd Annual Fun Run! We are getting very excited for this event and hope to reach our fundraising goal of $15,000 for Bell School.
For those who are registered, here is the link to log in and share your child’s private fundraising page. https://secure.eventsonline.us/reg/getmovincrew/parents. It only takes a moment to share your child’s page with friends and relatives to ask for sponsor support! It’s so easy that your child may be able to do it! Cash and check donations are also VERY welcome and those can be turned in during check-in at the Fun Run or to the Bell School Front Desks.
- Date & Location: The Fun Run will be held this Thursday, May 24th at the Lower Bell blacktop area. This is the area that most classrooms have pick-up.
- You child can check-in starting at 2:30.
- Check-in will close at 2:50, so be sure to check in shortly after you pick-up your child.
- The Fun Run will start by 3:00.
- Check-In: Check-in tables will be located near the basketball hoop on the Lower Bell blacktop. Check-in will be done by last name. Check signage for the proper line to be in. You will be given a race number for your child to wear. Each child will get a headband that matches the color of their grade corner. Please be patient!
- Donations: Donation envelopes will be collected at the check-in tables.
- Pre-Fun Run Snack: A healthy fresh fruit snack will be available for children in the middle of the blacktop where they will receive instruction. Be sure to bring another snack if your child may want something different.
- Backpacks: Please hold or store your child’s backpack in your car during the event. We won’t have space to store them and want to avoid losing such a needed item!
- Race Start:
- After check-in, your child will be directed to go to the middle of the track to wait for instruction.
- Once they receive instruction, they will be directed to a specific corner where they will be grouped by grade.
- They will start and finish the run at this corner. Flags will mark the corners.
- The run will last 20 minutes.
- During the Event: During the event, you are invited to stand around the course and cheer on the Fun Runners!
- After the Event: At the end of the 20 minutes, an announcer will tell the children that the Fun Run is about to end. They will be directed to go back to their starting corner and will be given a popsicle and wait for you to come and check them out.
- Bathrooms: Bathrooms are located within Lower Bell.
- Clothes/Shoes: Be sure your child is wearing comfortable clothing and athletic shoes the day of the Fun Run.
- Sunscreen: Bring sunscreen if your child might need it.
- After School Activities: If your child participates in an after school activity (i.e. Coach Karl), please be sure to let your teacher know of any changes in plan for pick-up. This way we avoid confusion. YMCA program participants, please let them know if you would like your child to participate in the Fun Run with their supervision.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org