Hello! Welcome to our first newsletter of the new school year. We look forward to meeting many of you this evening at the Open House event. Members of the PTO will be on-hand to answer any questions you may have – as well as take donations.
- Thursday September 14, 10.00am – New Volunteer Orientation at the Magic Hat. Interested in volunteering but not sure what it’s all about? Join us for a tour of the shop and a run through of typical volunteer duties at this informal orientation.
- Friday September 15, 8.30am – New Parent Coffee, Lower Bell Gym. Hosted by Donna Zaeske. Informal Q&A and opportunity to meet new families. Existing parents welcome – as are younger siblings.
- Monday September 18, 7pm – Listening Tour Event, Marblehead High School. Your chance to find out more about the Coffin Gerry Bell School Feasibility Study and plans to improve elementary education facilities town-wide.
- Wednesday September 27 – Harvest of the Month. Fresh tomato salsa and corn chips! Volunteers needed to help prepare and serve tastings, approximately 8.30-9.30. Contact Sarah Fox.
- Friday September 29, 8.30am – PTO General Meeting, Upper Bell Library. Come and meet the PTO team, find out what’s planned for the year ahead and get involved! All welcome – including younger siblings.
- Friday October 20, 8.30am – Q&A with Superintendent MaryAnn Perry, Upper Bell Library.
BELL FAMILY DIRECTORY:
Thank you to everyone who has submitted their contact information either online or via the paper form for our family contact directory. If you’ve not had a chance to check or add your information yet, please do so before Friday September 15. This will ensure it is as complete and useful as possible for everyone. If you submitted your information via paper form, the PTO is currently entering the data on your behalf. You should receive an email within the next week with log on information. If you have any queries, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more detail, please visit: https://www.bellpto.org/geese/school-directory/
ANNUAL DONATIONS: Thank you to all the families who have donated to the PTO online or by check as part of the directory sign up process. Your generosity is hugely appreciated and will fund the many programs and projects we have planned for the year ahead – all of which are designed to enrich and complement your child’s education and experience at school. For example, our Cultural Enrichment program includes visits, presentations and workshops from outside individuals and organizations. It also covers the lessons and activities based in the Organic Garden. Other projects include improving the access to technology – including iPads and learning applications like Raz Kids, new playground equipment as well as the many the different events your kids enjoy inside and outside school. You’ll be able to make a cash or check donation this evening at Open House, or can donate via PayPal on our website.
VOLUNTEERING AT THE MAGIC HAT: A huge portion of our annual budget comes from the Magic Hat! Last year Bell School received over $20,000 in funding. As a school, we need to clock up a minimum of 180 volunteering hours two times a year. Our current 180 hours target ends on September 30. We are approximately 30 hours away from meeting it! Please get down to the Hat and volunteer! If you’re new or not volunteered before, it’s really easy and fun. Pop along to the Orientation Session on Thursday at 10.00am to find out more. Or just pop in when you can and the team will help you get started. For more information, visit our website.
NEW SCHOOL SPIRIT WEAR: Another fun way to support Bell School is to purchase items from our range of school Spirit Wear. Our new range will be launched next week. Watch this space for more information!
HARVEST OF THE MONTH: The first tasting for the year will be on Wednesday, September 27. Students will try Fresh Tomato Salsa with Corn Chips. Please send in your child’s permission slip or contact the school nurse if you have any concerns. Volunteers are welcome to come and help with serving the tastings (about an hour commitment). Contact Sarah Fox for more information. For more information on the Mass Farm to Schools Harvest of the Month program please visit http://www.massfarmtoschool.org/
Thanks for your attention! Have a great week.
Sincerely, Bell PTO